Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

On the morning of my birthday, I woke Graham up with a kiss and asked him if he would sing me Happy Birthday. He responded, Not now Sweetheart-- in five minutes. And promptly rolled back over to go back to sleep! Luckily Jim came home shortly there after and was willing to hand out the birthday wishes...

Once we got the sleepy head up and dressed, we headed out to vote. It was our first time to try the new scanning machines. I miss the old lever; but I tried not to let it get me down. There's just something satisfying about that noise. But I digress.

Jim had to work that night, but Grandma and Grandpa joined Graham and me for pizza and a homemade Grandma's Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (which Graham helped to mix before we sat down to eat). When it was time to bring the cake to the table, it took all three of them to steady the platter and make sure the house (or a kid) didn't catch on fire. It was pretty adorable.

As you can see here, Graham was more than happy to help serve as well (although he likely just wanted more of that frosting for himself!)






video

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry the birthday celebration will continue at least for another week.

    ReplyDelete