Monday, November 1, 2010

Gearing Up


The Monday morning after his cowboy birthday party, Graham informed me (unprovoked) that for Hallowe'en he would be a Mean Witch or a Pink and White Bunny. This was a bit surprising (and a bit disappointing) as I had been prepping him that his Cowboy Party duds would also be a costume for later in the month.
Knowing that age (almost) 3 can be a fickle time, I let him ponder on it for a couple days; he was decidedly in the bunny camp by Wednesday, so the sewing machine came back out.

The body and tail were completed first. When I tried to get him to do a fitting, he refused until I had completed the ears. For real. And once it was all done, he was quite pleased. More than once he said, Mommy I REALLY like my bunny costume. Also for real. And that made it all worth it.

Graham and Daddy did some practice trick or treating until he was comfortable with the candy exchange particulars:

video

There were several dress up events in the community before the actual holiday, but we didn't jump in until Saturday 10/30 when we trick or treated on Main Street. The candy barely made it in the bag before Graham was hopping off to the next store front!


After an hour he was pretty tuckered out-- understandable as we were an hour late for nap by that point. But you'd never be able to tell from the smile!

2 comments:

  1. I like how he tells me "Get back in your house" at the end of the clip. We must of done that at least 7 times before he decided it was time to eat the lollipop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest little bunny I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete