Friday, June 11, 2010

The Baa Baa Shop

It was Farm Friday again, where Graham and I go to the farm to see Grandpa Paul. Grandpa had called the day before and told us he had a big surprise for us... the sheep would be getting sheared while were were there!

I coached Graham on some appropriate humor:
Q: Where do sheep get their hair cut?
A: The Baa Baa Shop!
It never gets old!

Nancy (who also owns an ice cream shop in Morris) did the clipping while Graham watched and offered some reassurance to the little lambs waiting in the pen. ("It's OK babies, it's just a haircut.")

All clean and white, the sheep went out in the meadow to reacquaint with the lambs who didn't recognize them right away.

Then it was time for work. We all went to Filor Hill to load the trucks up with logs. Graham insisted we help him carry logs too big to drag with a truck, and when I handed him a small chunk he could manage himself, he told me he wanted to do it together with Grandpa like I had been doing.

After unloading my truck Graham had some time to investigate the fields with a new magnifying glass we got at a hardware store. Science is fun!

And so is visiting Grandpa!

Here's some action footage:

video

3 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures and stories from the farm. I'm sure dad was loving all the help with the sheep and loading wood. Good job boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it looks like there are plans to change the bush hog blade this week. Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Dad and Graham walking to the mail box.

    ReplyDelete