Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blizzard of 2010

We woke up to find that a few inches had already fallen during the night, and by noon the snow was still coming down so we gathered up a few of the neighborhood kids and took Graham across the street for his first tubing experience.

He loved it! After about 20 runs down the hill (and 19 trips carrying him back up all the stairs) we decided it was time to head in for some pre-nap hot cocoa.

video


While Graham napped, Amanda, Melissa and I began to work on a surprise. Amanda had found us a great deal on 2 new tubes, and although I offered to run them to the gas station to fill them, it was decided by the girls that we could easily blow them up ourselves.


So we huffed- and puffed...

and finally we were ready to hit the hill again. I even dug El Toro out of the garage for some winter fun. Melissa, Graham and I all had nice new snow pants, but Amanda had to improvise her outfit.

Tres chic! The beret gives the ensemble a touch of class, no?

We made our second run of the day, and I'm not sure if was the new few inches freshly fallen
snow, or the great inflating job on the new tubes, but this time the runs were faster and much more wild.

video

We had a few fun runs, but then Melissa was dumped hard on her head, and Graham and I hit hard after our tube decided in mid air to quit the run and let us continue on our own.

Much to Graham's disapproval, we ended the day's activity, limped home and went into the hot tub. Amanda was the only one not thrown into the snow. She even challenged El Toro and came out uninjured and victorious!
By Morning the snow had finally stopped, but not before dumping a full 2 feet on us.

Here's the view from our porch. There's a walkway I shoveled 3 times under there somewhere.


Here's the view from the back porch-


After shoveling the front walk, digging out both Amanda's car and our own (The truck will have to wait until the spring thaw!) I had to tackle not only the back steps, but I also had to dig a plot in the backyard so the dogs could go out and do their businesses. Luckily the neighbors all pulled together (2 with snowblowers!) and we all chipped in and helped each other out. It was really nice to see everyone working together.

1 comment:

  1. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. I wish I could have been there with you guys. Ole!

    ReplyDelete