Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lavender for Lyra


I was really excited to co-host a baby shower for my friends John and Amy. They are expecting a little girl (named Lyra) in April.

The guests included John's (and my) childhood friend Angela, and some warm and lovely women from Morris from our mothers' generation. Some I only knew by face, others I've known well since I was small. Bright, articulate, well-mannered (and even a little baudy), it was a treat to be welcomed into their circle like a full-fledged grown up!

Amy's favorite color is purple, so it only seemed fitting to work that into the shower theme and gift. The favors were lavender duck soaps made just for the event (thanks to Etsy!). I made a baby quilt with a little cat embroidery to commemorate this special year. My mom got the most audible response to her gift-- one of her signature coffee can step stools in the same lavender fabrics. It looked like a flower; so sweet. We even served a lavender cheese from Harpersfield!

It was a wonderful celebration of three very special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment