Monday, February 22, 2010

Butterflies


Jim works every other weekend. And sometimes I do a crappy job as the primary parent. Like we watch a lot of TV. Or we wake Daddy up to play. But sometimes I come through. Like this weekend we went to the Popp Butterfly Conservatory. We had a great time just walking around and talking to the bugs and critters.



Graham actually took this photo of the tree frog.



And he really enjoyed seeing the butterflies use their camoflauge as they open and shut their wings. The staff is very helpful and was willing to let him help with the watering (I declined knowing I would have to drag him away kicking and screaming).


When he got overheated in the exhibit we took a break in the lobby and played with the resident cat.


We went back in to make some more friends. This lizard was a little too close for comfort.


But the birds got a lot of attention as they picked in the dirt and rolled around. He said, "Eww dirty," and suggested they take a bath.


While he was focused on the ground I was freaking out (a little) as the birds seemed to be dive bombing me. They weren't but let's face it. I am not a bird fan and I had to steel my nerves to not get tweaked out about them all loose and flying and all that stuff.


There was a nice slow turtle.


It was so much fun, we bought a membership. I am looking forward to heading back soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of him in the thinker pose, taking in all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham, good job on the framing of the frog picture! I love all the updates!

    ReplyDelete