Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Story time

So, we're a story-before-bed kind of family from way back. It's the perfect way to wind down before lights out. Lately story time has gotten longer, as Graham is more engaged with identifying letters of the alphabet, talking about the illustrations and most recently wanting to be "The Reader". Thanks to some very formulaic, yet engaging texts, he's in the driver seat. We managed to catch a couple favorites on video last week... first up, Sandra Boynton's Blue Hat, Green Hat. Grab a cup of warm milk, your favorite blanket and enjoy!


And our favorite animal noise book, Moo, Baa, La La La:

*and yes, those are the best sheets ever, flannel sock monkeys, a gift from my sisters and available from The Vermont Country Store.

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome little reader! Keep it up, G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently reading Red Hat Blue Hat 900 times isn't without its benefits ;) http://www.parents.com/fun/entertainment/books/the-brainy-benefits-of-bedtime-stories/

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is awesome and thanks for sharing those stories! Wait until you read to him and try skipping a couple pages due to time constraints/other engagements! You"ll see what may happen!
    Luv, Aunt G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what an awesome video! I love hearing him read - what a smart boy! Obviously, you're doing a GREAT job! Thanks for sharing! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I just watched these and I am ready fo bed. I should have brushed my teeth first! I can't wait to read with you next time I spend the night.
    xoxo, dd

    ReplyDelete