Friday, January 23, 2009

RIP Allie Jo


We were lucky to have our little sister nearly 16 years. She loved ice cubes and frozen blueberries. And snootsing on Abby. And snuggling in bed even when she knew Dad would yell at us both (her side came out of the middle). She knew the sound of my first car, and I would take her for a ride to Pochy Rd. just so she could enjoy the wind in her nose. Even in her old age she bounced like a puppy when we pulled in the driveway.

And just when you thought she didn't care to learn new tricks, she put up with Graham's hairpulling since he liked to share his dinner.

We are grateful that she passed quietly and without difficult medical decisions.

















Allie Jo, you are a good girl. We love you.


4 comments:

  1. It's taken me most of the day to be able to read this without crying. A girl couldn't have asked for a better dog than Gigi. She never lost her puppy spirit. Even when it she couldn't jump in the bed anymore and it took her extra effort to climb the stairs, she still found the energy to run around the house barking when we came home to visit. I loved that dog. I still do. Allie, you'll always be my favorite pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i teared up reading the original post & ab, your comment just sent me over the edge. A beautiful tribute... my thoughts are with the fam. love, carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words can not explain the empty spot in my heart. There will never be another Allie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right Bud. She was very special.

    ReplyDelete