Monday, October 27, 2008

This year's Halloween display is up!

Without further delay, I present to you- "The Terror-Totter!"

I used 2 skeletons for the bodies since we were on vacation and I didn't have time to build my usual scarecrows from scratch. Melissa and I agreed that they needed to at least have custom heads, so we made a trek to Utica and bought the 2 white pumpkins for them.



Here's a short video of them in action. The pumpkins at the base are from previous displays and are lit up at night with flicker flame light bulbs. The new heads on the riders are also lit up with small tea lights.



I finally got this up on Oct. 21st, just in time for a severe rainstorm. They endured that storm well, but now we are now being hit with another storm, this time 3 to 5 inches of snow has fallen on these poor guys, with the forecast calling for more over the next few days. (Welcome to Upstate N.Y.!) I should have made them holding umbrellas. Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment